Chelsea transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Barca claims, Costa swipe, Conte doubts

CHELSEA are in desperate need of new signings and Express Sport is on hand to bring you all the latest transfer news and gossip from Stamford Bridge.

Monday August 14

Diego Costa swipe

00:30: Diego Costa has admitted he's not expecting Antonio Conte to change his mind and pave his return to Chelsea.
Costa was informed by Conte in June via text message telling him he wasn't a part of his long-term plans.
And the Spaniard feels like he has been treated like a 'criminal' by the club.
"They want me to be there training with the reserves. I wouldn't be allowed access to the first-team dressing room and I would have no contact at all with the guys," Costa told the Daily Mail.
"I'm not a criminal! I don't think it is fair after all I have done to be treated like that."
Sunday August 13

Neville's Matic shock

22:50: Gary Neville says he can't believe Chelsea gifted Nemanja Matic to Manchester United.
"You cannot believe Chelsea have given Mourinho a piece of the jigsaw in Matic," he said. 
"I can't think of one reason why Chelsea sold him.
"United beat Chelsea to Lukaku and then Chelsea have handed them Matic. They look like the type of players that were needed to correct what was wrong last season, and Chelsea have helped them and had a big influence on that."

Mourinho on Matic

19:50: Jose Mourinho has admitted his surprise at Chelsea letting Nemanja Matic join Manchester United.
He said: "It depends on what was happening behind the doors [at Chelsea]. I bought him to Stamford Bridge years ago as he has special qualities.
"I always thought he’d be a perfect player for us. I never thought it was possible – until his agent told me he could have him, you just have to pay. He’s a player our team needs.” 

Eduardo exit

15:45: Chelsea reserve goalkeeper Eduardo is looking to leave Stamford Bridge.
The Sun say the arrival of Willy Caballero as Thibaut Courtois' back-up has frustrated Eduardo.
The Portuguese keeper is concerned he may lose his place in the Portugal World Cup squad.

Chelsea's mistake

14.45: Frank Lampard thinks Chelsea have made a mistake in selling Nathaniel Chalobah.
The former England under-21 international completed a permanent switch to Watford last month for an undisclosed fee, with some reports claiming it to be worth £6million.
It has been a turbulent summer for Conte at Chelsea and he saw his nine-man side suffer a shock 3-2 defeat to Burnley in their first Premier League game of the season yesterday.
The Italian manager named a number of youngsters on the bench and gave 20-year-old academy graduate Jeremie Boga his first league start for Chelsea.
Chelsea are often criticised for letting too many players go out on loan but Lampard believes the permanent departure of Chalobah is an even worse decision.
“Looking at the number of players gone out on loan, 17 or something, but a lot of them are not near the first team,” Lampard said on BT Sport.
“I’ve seen a lot of them and it’s not a criticism of them, they’re developing as players, they’re not knocking on the door to make a difference.
“There are some there, Boga as I said had a good pre-season.
“Losing Chalobah I think was a mistake. I don’t know quite how it happened, for quite a low price as well.
“(Ruben) Loftus-Cheek, he’s got to take it upon himself this season to show why they let him out and to show he needs to be back there.”

Rahman Schalke return

12.10: Chelsea are in talks with Schalke about taking Baba Rahman on loan for a second successive season.
Rahman made 21 appearances for the German side last term before suffering a season-ending cruciate ligament injury.
Schalke's sporting director Christian Heidel said: "We are in talks with the player, his agent and Chelsea.
"Ultimately, it is about when Baba will be able to play again. No decision has been made yet."

Mourinho shocked with Chelsea stance

10.45: Jose Mourinho admits he thought he had no chance of signing Nemanja Matic from Chelsea.
Matic sealed a £40m move to Old Trafford this summer as part of Mourinho’s rebuild.
But the Portuguese was surprised he was given the chance.
“I was not thinking of signing Matic because I never go for players who I think are an impossible mission to sign,” said Mourinho. “I felt that there would be no chance.
“So when I got the call that Matic wants to play for me and wants to play for Manchester United - and that we could make it happen - I thought he’s the perfect player for me.
“When I joined United last year I thought immediately that we needed a Matic. There aren’t many like him. Just a couple. He is one of those players who has no question marks over him.”

No comments

Kindly drop your comment here

Powered by Blogger.